List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Hearts / Using Qt/KDE for server-side apps
From:       Jason Wood <jasonwood () blueyonder ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-01-09 23:12:58

On Thursday 09 Jan 2003 11:01 pm, Tim Jansen wrote:
> Using Qt and KDE libs for server application is indeed nice, and I don't
> think that enough people have discovered the potential to make them a
> universal framework that is not limited to GUI apps.

Actually....

> I am currently experimenting with server code that uses TinyQ (a Qt subset
> without GUI classes and QObject), but with my own network code and event
> loop.

I think most people haven't discovered TinyQ. In the client-server structure
of my application, the GUI client is all handled with KDE/QT code, but I
decided against using QT for the server simply because I didn't want to lug
around a 7 meg mostly-GUI based library when all I really wanted was the
container, XML and socket classes.

If I had known about TinyQ, I would have been very tempted to use it instead.

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood