List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KDE 2.2.2 and autoconf 2.57
From:       Shaun Jackman <sjackman () shaw ! ca>
Date:       2003-01-01 2:29:07

I know this is a known problem, but I'm not quite sure what the
workaround/solution is. If somebody could put me in the right
direction, I'd appreciate it.

I upgraded from autoconf 2.53 to autoconf 2.57. I now get the
following error:

$ make -f Makefile.cvs
*** Creating configure
aclocal.m4:2508: error: m4_defn: undefined macro: _m4_divert_diversion
autoconf/functions.m4:1277: AM_FUNC_OBSTACK is expanded from...
aclocal.m4:2508: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

I can't downgrade autoconf due to dependencies of other packages on
the new autoconf. Can I use autoconf 2.57 to compile KDE 2.2.2
sources? I assume I need a new admin/ directory that's compatible
with autoconf 2.57. Where can I find this?

Thanks,
Shaun