List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: multimedia infrastructure
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2002-12-30 22:49:26

Arnold Krille wrote:

> For me Xine is like aRts: Some like it, some do not. I like aRts and not Xine,
> its not that beautiful thing you call it. mplayer, ogle and aviplay are my
> favourites. All called with artsdsp before it command;-)

AVIPlay isn't going to work for KDE in general.  The current release is for KDE-2 and it
requires WINE and actual Windows DLLs to work -- (i386-pc-linux-gnu only) it won't work on other
platforms.

MPlayer has problems too: it doesn't work well with just X on many video cards.

And as I understand it, Ogle is just for DVDs.

You didn't say what it is that you don't like about Xine.  It is the library?

--
JRT