Greetings! Alex: I had the exact same problem on my Abit / Celeron configuration... But the memory was just fine and all; It looks like there was problem somewhere else... Motherboard? CPU? I never had chance to figure this one out, because of the limited mind capabilities of the repairman... ...but when I switched to older machinery (celeron, too) and with the same ram I had no problem... It was just slower... Maybe You should try with another MB? Or CPU? Kind regards. ~W On Sunday 29 December 2002 16:03, Alexander Neundorf wrote: > Hi, > > when compiling Qt, my box stops at different places, always with a seg > fault in ld. When I start make again, it finishes the step where it > canceled the last time and goes on for some time. > > Is this a hardware problem ? > Heat ? CPU ? Memory ? > > Bye > Alex > > >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to > >> unsubscribe << -- Murphy's Law is recursive. Washing your car to make it rain doesn't work. --------------------- KDE XMame Wrapper: The KMameleon Project http://designs.stormspirit.net/kmameleon/ >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<