List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kicker hide buttons
From:       Michael Bartl <zeddicus () satokar ! com>
Date:       2002-12-28 10:46:34

On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 10:16:58AM +0100, Ralf Nolden wrote:

> Moin guys,
>
> just an idea that I had yesterday: the kicker hide buttons are nice etc. but
> they are just covering space. That's why there is an option not to display
> them at all, configurable for each side.
>
> Now, how about having them show up when the mouse moves over the corner of
> kicker ?
>
> One other thing is that there was some code in CVS that made it possible to
> resize kicker dynamically just by a mouse drag (in it's height). The problem
> with that was that the steps were fluent, that means pixel by pixel. The
> right option IMHO would have been to allow resizing it with a mouse drag but
> in the kicker sizes that are offered by default (small, medium, large etc.).
>
> Any comments ?

I think both additions would be very nice! Resize by dragging would come
in very handy when trying out the best size for a new resolution. The
right thing would be (IMO) to allow resizing by mouse dragging to the
standard sizes AND to a custom size by mouse dragging plus keyboard
modifier (shift or ctrl).

ciao,
    Michael