List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: PROPOSAL: Drop aKtion from KDE kdemultimedia package
From:       Koos Vriezen <koos.vriezen () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2002-12-21 16:22:53

I wrote earlier:
> I wrote a simple frontend for mplayer a few weeks ago, mainly focussing on
> embedding in Konqueror and khtml. Can't do much more than playing video
> given the url or filename. It does work in konqueror however.
> It launches mplayer as a separate process with the -wid option.
> I put it at http://www.xs4all.nl/~jjvrieze/kmplayer-0.1.tar.bz2
> Maybe someone finds it usefull...

There is one missing thing in this version that might be usefull for
whoever is building a mplayer frondend. MPlayer fails to set the window
size correctly for the standalone application or using the WIDTH and
HEIGHT attributes in HTML. It needed an extra XConfigureEvent sended to
the window.
I uploaded an updated version at
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jjvrieze/kmplayer-0.2.tar.bz2

Now it also shows the mplayer console output before and after the video is
playing. Very usefull if it fails to work somehow.

Other minor things are
- don't leave mplayer processes around when exiting while still playing
- set a cache of 32kb, default of 8Mb is pretty useless with streaming
- some more javascript calls play/stop/pause/volume