List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Porting of KNetLoad (was: KCPULoad and Portability)
From:       Roland Riegel <roland.riegel.maillist () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-12-17 10:57:19

Am Montag, 16. Dezember 2002 15:31 schrieb Ben Burton:
> And yes, I'd be perfectly happy to work on support for other OSs though
> I'd probably need some help (like specs on how to read the raw data on
> other OSs and someone to actually test it), since the only KDE machines
> I have access to run linux.  It shouldn't be a particularly difficult
> thing; all the linux-specific stuff is sitting in the very small class
> KCPUProc, and multi-OS support should (with the right specs) be quite
> straightforward.

Hi,

I once took the networking code of KNetLoad to write my own console app, named
nload (download at http://www.roland-riegel.de/nload/index_en.html).
As users requested support for Solaris and *BSD, I searched for support for
these OSs and found the GTK program gkrellm, which already had this
implemented. I introduced this code into nload (sourcefile src/proc.{h,cpp})
so that it has now support for Linux, Free/Net/OpenBSD and Solaris.
Maybe this is of some help for those people who want to maintain KNetLoad in
CVS.

Roland