List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: PROPOSAL: Drop aKtion from KDE kdemultimedia package
From:       Koos Vriezen <k.vriezen () vgelder ! com>
Date:       2002-12-17 11:03:15

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Rob Kaper wrote:

> I suggest those who are interested work on a mplayer KPart start working on
> it, possibly using whatever is out there already such as KumaPlayer.

I wrote a simple frontend for mplayer a few weeks ago, mainly focussing on
embedding in Konqueror and khtml. Can't do much more than playing video
given the url or filename. It does work in konqueror however.
It launches mplayer as a separate process with the -wid option.
I put it at http://www.xs4all.nl/~jjvrieze/kmplayer-0.1.tar.bz2
Maybe someone finds it usefull...

Regards,

Koos Vriezen