List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: PROPOSAL: Drop aKtion from KDE kdemultimedia package
From:       Moritz Moeller-Herrmann <mmh () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-12-16 22:44:40

Neil Stevens wrote:

> On Monday December 16, 2002 09:35, Moritz Moeller-Herrmann wrote:
>> Neil Stevens wrote:
>> > Which standards?
>>
>> Quality standards. The opposite of your discussion style, you know?
>
> Quality standards, such as?

Such as features, speed, stability, compatibility with modern file formats,
using hardware acceleration,...

>> >  Did you file bug reports, or contact its maintainer at
>> > all?  Are you on the kde-multimedia list, seeing the proposal I
>> > already made for the app?
>>
>> The limitations of aktion are inherent to aktion, because it just uses
>> xanim. What would the bug report say?
>
> Limitations, such as?

Being able to play only ancient video codecs mainly.

> Namecalling is not a substitute for making your case.

I did not call you names.

> And no, I didn't mean Noatun.  I meant Kaboodle.  Maybe you'd be better
> equipped to make your case to remove things from KDE if you were less
> ignorant of what's in KDE.

Now you are showing ignorance. Both kaboodle and noatun just use the same
arts mechanisms for playing, so they are identical except for the GUI.

--
Moritz Moeller-Herrmann mmh@gmx.net wiss. Mitarbeiter, IMGB
        La loi, dans un grand souci d'égalité, interdit aux riches comme aux