List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE3 Libs configure issue
From:       Sebastian Voitzsch <Sebastian.Voitzsch () web ! de>
Date:       2002-12-16 19:42:06

Am Montag, 16. Dezember 2002 20:19 schrieb mhoneyfield@xtra.co.nz:
> Hello KDE dev people,
>
> Please keep up the hard work, KDE is great (Was a Gnome user, but seen the
> light now ;)
>

> Anyway, I have been trying to compile KDE3.1rc5 (I know its not complete
> yet). When I try to ./configure kdelib it complains the QT3 hasn't been
> compiled with threading, I am pretty sure I did since I used this "-thread"
> when configuring QT3.  Does anyone know what I have done wrong?

If QT is configured and has been built correctly you should have a file
libqt-mt.so.3.1.0 in /$QTDIR/lib. Your error message may be caused by an
incorrect installation of QT or some old version (maybe 2.x?) laying around.
Check for duplicates, and have a look at config.log as it contains the lib
configure takes as your current QT installation.
Did you set all paths correct and ran ldconfig after QT installation? (QTDIR,
KDEDIR) Also make sure $QTDIR/lib is in your /etc/ld.so.conf or at least in
your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Cheers,
Sebastian