List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Pls help: I am stucked with non-compiling kdelibs-3.1-RC5
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2002-12-16 15:31:48

Hello,

Pls help, I am in terrible situation:
I compiled QT-3.1.0 (everything was fine, SRPM from Mandrake Cooker), and installed \
it in order to compile kdelibs-3.1. I had KDE-3.1beta2 installed (from binary \
Mandrake packages) KDE 3.1-beta2 doesn't  work with QT 3.1.0, so I proceeded further \
to build kdelibs. And... it  doesn't compile!
Is it known bug (and gcc 3.2 required to build KDE 3.1-RC5) or there is some
 other problem? I am on Mandrake 8.2, with some necessary updates (rpm-4.0.4,
 libpng, etc.) I attached results of ./configure and build errors (see zip
 files).

I previoulsy built XFree86-4.2.99 and GNOME 2.1.3, and
 everythig was fine. So it seems to me that problem I experienced is specific
 to kdelibs (and KDE itself) The worst thing is that I can't read/send mail,
 and use Internet. I converted all mail folders to KDE 3.1, and deleted KDE
 3.1beta2 RPMS (as I needed extra space to compile).

PLS CC: my ANOTHER E-MAIL ADDRESS, <plessky@cnt.ru> with your replies, as I can't \
read list via e-mail I am subscribed  (until problem with compile is fixed, or I got \
                KDE 3.1beta2 back)

To write this mail, I had to install KDE 2.2 from LM 8.2, and cretae new user
 account. I really don't wnat KDE 2.2 back on my computer!..

Finally I gave up on compile and wanted to return system back, but 3.1beta2
 packages linked at http://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-3.1beta2.html
do not exist anymore.  :-((
// any reaosn why?  It was the latest release with binary RPMs.
And RC3 and RC5 are only in sources.
Can you pls either to help me to overcome compilation in kdelibs,or put
 somewhere KDE 3.1-beta2 packages back?
Ineed to return my system in *usable* state ASAP.

Hope someone has solution for this problem, as I really don't see how I can
 come out of this situation on my own.
It amy be that I just miss some dependency not included in specfile... ./configure \
was ok, though...

System info:
$ rpm -qa | grep gcc
gcc3.0-cpp-3.0.4-5mdk
gcc-cpp-2.96-0.74mdk
libgcc3.0-3.0.4-5mdk
gcc3.0-3.0.4-5mdk
gcc3.0-c++-3.0.4-5mdk
gcc-2.96-0.74mdk

$ rpm -q glibc
glibc-2.2.4-24mdk

AFAIK gcc-3.0.4 is used by default.

Kind Regards,

Vadim Plessky

["kdelibs-3.1-make-errors.zip" (application/x-zip)]
["kde-3.1-config.log.zip" (application/x-zip)]