List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: building qt-copy and kde in a seperate tree
From:       Kevin Puetz <puetzk () iastate ! edu>
Date:       2002-12-14 3:28:24

Nick Brown wrote:

> Kevin Puetz wrote:
> Excellent. thanks for the info. What is the make install issue?

it misses some files... for you, almost everything, for me (I have some
local fixes) qconfig.h and qmodules.h

> Does trolltech have bug case somewhere so that I can track this issue?

I've filed it with them, but I don't think they have any public bugs site

> I look forward to being able to compile qt with builddir != srcdir.
> I will still need to figure out how QTDIR interacts with this process
> though. (hopefully the install documentation will be update when it
> possible to build in this manner.)
> Below is the process I envisage, I just need to figure out the values for
> the export commands.
>
> thanks,
> Nick
>
> cd
> mkdir kde
> cd kde
> mkdir kde-build
> mkdir kde-install
> mkdir kde-sources
> cd kde-sources
> export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@anoncvs.kde.org:/home/kde
> cvs login
> cvs co .
> cd ../kde-build
> mkdir qt-copy
> cd qt-copy
>
> export QTDIR=
objdir
> export PATH=
objdir/bin
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=
objdir/lib

> ../../kde-sources/qt-copy/configure -system-zlib -qt-gif -system-libpng
> -system-libjpeg -plugin-imgfmt-mng -thread -no-stl -no-exceptions -debug
> -prefix ~/kde/kde-install
> make
> make install

no changes to the env vars during this. someday... make install will work
right ;-)

> export QTDIR=
prefix
> export PATH=