List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Different authentication for same URL
From:       "Best, Jan-Pascal van" <j.p.vanbest () tbm ! tudelft ! nl>
Date:       2002-12-13 10:12:08

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble with authenticating to web site. I'm dealing with
MS Exchange 2000 servers. You can authenticate to a generic url
(http://mail.company.com/exchange) and it will give you an HTML
response from which you can extract the mailbox URL for the user
for which you authenticated. If you authenticate with a different user,
you  get a different HTML response so you can get the other mailbox
URL. The mailbox URLs are needed to access the user's calendar.

The trouble is that, in KDE, when you authenticate as a user (let's
call him "jan"), using either kpasswdserver or by encoding the
user/password into the URL, get the HTML, and then authenticate
as another user ("piet"), again giving the user and password to
kpasswdserver or by using http://user:passwd@..., KDE will use
the Authorization: Basic amXXXXXXXXXXXXX header
belonging to the _first_ authentication. This means I get piet's
mailbox URL instead of jan's.

Is there a way to force the http kioslave to use a certain
authentication,
or is there a way to remove the cached authentication from
kpasswdserver?

Thanks for any help,

Jan-Pascal

--