List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Offensive message in KDE
From:       Kuba Ober <kuba () mareimbrium ! org>
Date:       2002-12-12 14:22:44

On poniedziałek 09 grudzień 2002 10:57 pm, George Staikos wrote:
> On Monday 09 December 2002 22:41, Jason Wood wrote:
> > Has this been reported/fixed? Is it mandrake (cooker) specific?
> >
> > http://www.mandrake.com/en/archives/cooker/2002-12/msg00388.php
>
>   This is a sizing problem.  From kde-i18n:
>
> #: kioslave/ftp/ftp.cc:285
> msgid "Opening connection to host <b>%1</b>"
> msgstr "Ouverture d'une connexion vers <b>%1</b>"
>
> So who gets to fix it?

For those of you who don't get it (not all of us know any french, right?):
it's a completely benign message that becomes offensive when you *clip it*.

I should point out that while "conne" is offensive (well, to me it's just
vulgar, but anyway), "connexion" isn't and just means connection.

The thing to fix is to make sure that the message box will resize properly. I
presume that in most cases this behaviour is not readily reproduceable --
i.e. if your dpi/font set differ, you will most probably not get the dreaded
"conne" word.

Recap: It isn't about messages, but about whether they are being inadvertently
clipped.

Cheers, Kuba Ober