List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: strange backtrace, crashing in qt
From:       "Robby Stephenson" <robby () periapsis ! org>
Date:       2002-12-12 6:18:14

> > 1) I would stop the configure with an error if it doesn't find the
> proper xml and xslt headers.  As it is, it continues on, and if you
> aren't paying attention to the configure output, it's easy to miss that
> you don't have what it needs to compile.

Good point, I wasn't paying attention to the autoconf language. Consider
that fixed. I believe AC_MSG_WARN should just be changed to AC_MSG_ERROR,
right?

> > 2) I am running debian/unstable, and I do *not* get a crash.  Instead, I
> get no gui and all, and after a couple seconds, it just returns to the
> command-line :-(  It outputs the following:
>
> [ david@debian ] $ bookcase
> BCGroupView::slotShowCount
> BCGroupView::setGroupAttribute -
> Bookcase::updateCollectionToolBar
> BCGroupView::setGroupAttribute - author
> BCGroupView::locateItem() - adding new collection
> BCGroupView::slotAddCollection
> BCGroupView::slotAddCollection
> Alarm clock

Hmmm, now I am really perplexed. I have no idea what that "Alarm clock" is
doing there, it's nothing from my code.

> I take that back.  If I run it under gdb, it is crashing, with an
> identical backtrace.  I guess I'm used to the krash dialog coming up, so
> I didn't expect it to just ... not appear.

I don't know why the krash dialog doesn't pop up either.

> Sorry this isn't of more help, but I tried...

Thanks for your feedback, it's good to have another datapoint, at least.
Robby