List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: qt-designer segfault
From:       Kevin Puetz <puetzk () iastate ! edu>
Date:       2002-12-10 2:34:14

Julian Rockey wrote:

I played at this a bit, valgrind exposed that there is memory corruption
going on in the dlopen path (writes into areas that have been freed)

If I stub out dlclose() so that plugins don't actually get unloaded after qt
decides not to use them, then things work... that's as far as I've gotten
so far. Either QT is doing something it shouldn't, or there's a glibc bug
involved too.  I couldn't spot anything wrong in a first read-through, but
that doesn't mean I didn't miss something crucial...