List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Abstracting the Linux Desktop from the File-system
From:       Denys Duchier <duchier () ps ! uni-sb ! de>
Date:       2002-12-04 22:19:27

tyrerj@acm.org (James Richard Tyrer) writes:

> The purpose of leaving a file that you are currently working on out on
> the computer desktop is: (1) so you will remember that you are
> supposed to do it, (2) so you don't have to go looking for it in a
> folder with 100s of files every time you want to use it.

I agree with this, but I would suggest to take it a little further:
personally, I make heavy use of multiple desktops to organize my
varied activities.  I would find it very useful, if I could have
multiple "Desktop"s as well :-)  Each one with the shortcuts
appropriate to the current activity right there where it does me the
most good and does not get lost in the fray of irrelevant stuff.

Cheers,

--Denys