List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Strange behaviour: Signal emitted once, slot invoked twice?
From:       Erik Sigra <sigra () home ! se>
Date:       2002-12-04 12:13:50

onsdagen den 4 december 2002 04.25 skrev Jason Mott:
> Take a look at the generated source moc file. The slots and signals are not
> as magic as they seem, just very well designed. :-)

Yes I looked at it.

> There must somehow be two entries of that slot for the signal. Triple check
> all your code (or perhaps point us to where it is and have it peer
> reviewed).

Very early this morning I discovered that I by accident had given my signal a
name that happened to be a name of some signal in some ancestor type. That
signal was sent by the same event that invoked the slot where I emitted the
signal.

So I rewrote the signal code in question by just declaring the inherited
signals in my type and no other code.

(I was not sure that my original message reached the list because the list
archive was not working yesterday.)