List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KFloppy checkup needed
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2002-12-03 21:16:03

KFloppy was an application that worked only on Linux. On other systems it
either didn't function at all (if compiled from CVS) or required enough
patches to basically rewrite it. So I fixed it, I think. This has already been
committed, to HEAD.

This is one of those typical "i think" cases. I don't have a Linux system to
test it on. Dirk already caught me out with a BSD-only extension to dd. While
I was at it, I switched the UI over to standard menus. Personally, I think
that's an improvement over weirdly placed quit and help buttons.

So I have two questions for a KFloppy checkup:

1) Does it still format floppies as msdos and ext2 on Linux?
2) What do styleguide / usability people say about the UI change? If you're
used to the old KFloppy UI, then I'm sure this can lead to a moment of
confusion.

[ade]