List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDEAddons [KDE_3_1_0_RELEASE] and aRts
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2002-12-03 11:41:52

James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> As I mentioned previously, I have been unable to build KDEAddons.
>
> I get this error message:

<SNIP>

The plugin: "blurscope" also failed with approximately the same error
messages.  The rest of th KDEAddons package built and installed with no
problem,  The only problem was with: "noatunmadness" & "blur" scope.

I don't see that the error message is much help except that: libartsflow
and ALSA (libasound) were good places to start.  Reading the "*.la"
files, I found that ALSA-lib RCx was installed (probably two different
RCs) in both: "/usr/" and "/usr/local/".  Can't quite see how it could
have caused that error message, but I remember getting a similar (but
just one line) error when installing the FCPackage when I hadn't yet
removed all of the old libraries.

So, I reinstalled ALSA after removing the one in the wrong location.

I am about 90% certain that this will work now.  I guess I will just
have to attribute this to having the flue (or something similar or
worse).  My apologies for being ill and not functioning very well the
past two weeks.  I'm going to see my doctor (again) today, I hope he has
some answers.

--
JRT