List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Abstracting the Linux Desktop from the File-system
From:       Wolfgang Mueller <Wolfgang.Mueller2 () uni-bayreuth ! de>
Date:       2002-12-03 17:19:22

> I was arguing for setting desktop=$HOME as the default, not for forcing
> it down to everyone.

I think there are different ways of working. I find your approach perfectly
valid, and you make a good case... ...for a certain kind of people. I, for
example, like to have things in very flat hierarchies, and I rely on
well-chosen filenames and the tab key to get around quickly between the files
I use. Of course, if you want to visualize that it is a complete mess. So I
would not like to have my $HOME be the desktop. At the same time, I can
imagine people for whom this would be the best that can happen.

Just my 0.02EUR
Cheers,
Wolfgang