List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE-CVS doesn't compile - docbook problem
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2002-12-02 10:07:41

Justin T. wrote:
> Heya,
>
> Just had a problem compile kdenetwork due to a docbook error:
>
> /usr/kde/cvs/bin/meinproc --check --cache index.cache.bz2 ./index.docbook
> index.docbook:18: error: failed to load external entity "dtd/kdex.dtd"
> ]>
>
> I compared the headers and noticed that the original here are not the same as
> some of the others:
>
> <!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//KDE//DTD DocBook XML V4.1-Based Variant V1.0//EN"
> "dtd/kdex.dtd" [
>
> Changed this to look like the others:
>
> <!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//KDE//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2-Based Variant V1.1//EN"
> "dtd/kdex.dtd" [
>
> And it compiled without problems.
>
> Running Gentoo 1.4, kde-cvs, libxml2-2.4.28...
>
> Not sure if this is something that happens just for me, but thought I would
> pass this on.

Well before somebody (arrogantly) tells you that your are wrong, calls
you a "moaner", or tells you that you have the wrong version of LibXML2,
I wanted to thank you.

I haven't been able to compile KDE_3_1_0_RELEASE because there are two:
"index.docbook" files that blow up when: "meinproc" is run on them.

One in:

	kdenetwork/doc/knode

and the other in:

	kdesdk/doc/kbable

The one for Kbable has the header:

<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//KDE//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2-Based Variant
V1.1//EN" "dtd/kdex.dtd" [

so it must be a different problem.  It does give a different error number.

I also found that there was a recent update of:

	kdelibs/kdoctools/xslt.cpp

that had not updated at my final update for: KDE3_1_0_RELEASE.

I do the whole thing with a script so I don't see how I could have
missed it.  Perhaps it was a tag problem.  No way to tell know as it was
overwritten.

I checked out: "meinproc" again and rebuilt it and the new: "xslt" and
now it works.  Very odd. :-|

And the problem in KDENetwork also built without making the change that
you did.

So, I would suggest that you check your version of:

	kdelibs/kdoctools/xslt.cpp

For: KDE_3_1_0_RELEASE, it should be: "1.51.2.1"

--
JRT