List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: a crazy proposal
From:       Fred Malabre <fmalabre () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-12-02 3:07:51

On Sunday 01 December 2002 07:50 pm, Neil Stevens wrote:
> If you're really committed to this idea, you might consider entering the
> CVS right now.  A release branch was just made, so the CVS has just opened
> up.  Now is as good a time as any to try to get a new application into KDE
> 3.2.  Since you'd be building on a mature, pre-existing application, I'd
> expect you to have a good shot at getting it done in time.

You make it sounds like it would be an easy project and just a quick interface
design. Have you tried GnuCash? It's a very powerful tool.

I was thinking maybe to encapsulate as much as you can in C++ classes, and
start from that.
I don't know what's the schedule for KDE 3.2, but realize it wouldn't be a
small project, GnuCash has an history and became a powerful tool.
KDE doesn't have an equivalent tool, it would be nice to take our time to do
it right rather than pushing it for KDE 3.2.

Fred.