List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Why was this feature removed?
From:       Andrew <akar3d () yahoo ! com ! au>
Date:       2002-12-01 9:36:45

On Sun, 1 Dec 2002 04:29 am, Neil Stevens wrote:
> So this replacement for the
> congiuration is completely dismissing bitmap fonts?  This is still a
> significant loss of compatibility, to ban fonts that worked before.

So far you haven't actually shown any loss of functionality, only a list of
the mistakes you have made.

And I dont think anyone is dismissing bitmap fonts except you. James
merely recommends scalable out of common sense and a knowledge of what is
appropriate in a modern Linux system. If you want a good display you use
scalable fonts or else you supply each bitmap in each encoding in each wanted
point size which adds up to a lot of wastage and resources.

Like everything Neil, no-one is holding a gun to your head on that score
either; you can use unscaled fonts and they can be bitmaps in only a few sizes
but then you will complain about the jaggies when xfree scales them. But that
did not happen in kde2.x did it?

Damn those KDE bastards for destroying the world!!!

--

The Neil Index as at 1/12/02  complaint posts: productive posts is 53:1

Regards,
andrew