List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Second try to get help on KCModule ...
From:       bretzel <serge.lussier () videotron ! ca>
Date:       2002-12-01 19:42:18

hi ( 2nd time ...)

Some months ago I've made the program "Splashman"

First try as a KControl module,
it won't work : kcmshell can't find module
(libkcm_splashman.la .so are correctly put in kde lib dir tho).

dunno where to put splashman.desktop. ( $kde_appsdir/Settings/... doesn't work
either.

problem how to name the module into .destop file.

splashman.cpp contains both approches:

typedef KGenericFactory<SplashMan, QWidget> SplashManFactory;
K_EXPORT_COMPONENT_FACTORY( kcm_splashman, SplashManFactory("kcmsplashman") );

and

extern "C"
{

        KCModule *create_SplashMan(QWidget *parent, const char *name)
        {
                KGlobal::locale()->insertCatalogue("SplashMan");
                return new SplashMan(parent, name,QStringList());
        }
}

I know the .desktop file must be screwed and the "extern "C" {...} must not be
used at the same time as the  KGenericFactory... I've put both to get a
chance that if one not works, the other should....

if someone kind would examine the project and guide me to fixe errors...

get the package at:
http://osdn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/ksplashman/splashman-module-0.9.tar.gz

thanks...
PLease, It is not only for myself but for others requesting this app to go
into kcontrol ;-)

Bretzel