List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: a crazy proposal
From:       Tim Wunder <tim () thewunders ! org>
Date:       2002-12-01 19:40:34

On Sunday 01 December 2002 02:31 pm, someone claiming to be Jim Philips wrote:
> I am a devoted KDE user. But I just went through all of the pain of
> installing GnuCash, because I want a personal financial program that is
> open source and best of breed. GnuCash is the only program I know that fits
> that description. But for a KDE user to install it requires installing
> practically every supporting library that Gnome requires, thus the pain.
> Since GnuCash is so superior to everything else out there and it's a waste
> to reinvent the wheel, is anybody willing to entertain the idea of porting
> it to KDE? One of the major barriers to the adoption of Linux for the
> desktop is the lack of a quality personal financial manager that ervybody
> can use. I think it would be a real leap forward if GnuCash worked as well
> with KDE as it does with Gnome. Are there any KDE developers who agree?

I currently test the gnucash CVS version. While not a developer myself, I
understand that the changes made to modularize gnucash should serve to make
it more suitable for the creation of a KDE front end to the gnucash engine.
The gnucash developers are open to a kde developer doing such a thing.
I, for one. would love to see it happen.

Regards,
Tim

--
RedHat Psyche 8.0, stock kernel, Gnome 2.x, Xfree86 4.2.0
  7:00am  up 5 days, 18:09,  6 users,  load average: 0.06, 0.07, 0.05