List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: configure problems with HEAD
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () virtualartisans ! com>
Date:       2002-11-30 20:37:59

Ok, I've tried, and indeed the error appears, but the .cpp file is generated.
I've tested more deeply, and realized what's the difference. When uic called
inside the project, the command line contains the -nounload option;the
generated Makefile has the following line:

UIC = /usr/lib/qt3/bin/uic -L $(kde_widgetdir) -nounload

If this is specified, there is no error message. For your introduced test:

andris@stein:~> /usr/lib/qt3/bin/uic -L
/opt/kde-cvs/lib/kde3/plugins/designer/kdewidgets.so -impl actest.h actest.ui
> actest.cpp
/usr/lib/qt3/bin/uic: relocation error: /opt/kde-cvs/lib/libkio.so.4:
undefined symbol: unregisterStaticDeleter__7KGlobalP18KStaticDeleterBase

andris@stein:~> /usr/lib/qt3/bin/uic -L
/opt/kde-cvs/lib/kde3/plugins/designer/kdewidgets.so -nounload -impl actest.h
actest.ui > actest.cpp
andris@stein:~>

I've recompiled QT again, but the error does not disappeared.
And of course, I see the error message only for .ui files which contain
refrences to KDE widgets.
 Now I believe that there is something wrong here, altough I have no idea yet
what's happening, but anyway, the test if UIC works or not should be a "real
life" test, and it should test uic with the same switches as it is used later
when is called from the Makefile's.

Andras