List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Abstracting the Linux Desktop from the File-system
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2002-11-30 11:33:29

Julien Olivier wrote:
> Having kfm to open directly to ~/Desktop is exactly like having ~/ as
> your desktop except that it won't work with non-KDE apps whhich save
> files in ~/.

Errrrr....

They save to: "~/" because that is their working directory.

Go to you Desktop directory with Konqueror::KFM

Select: Tools => Open Terminal

Now, start the non-kde the application by using the command line in the
Konsole.

Now save a file.  What directory does it save it in.

See, it CAN be changed, the default just needs to be configurable
somewhere.  Well, actually I already know where it should be:

	System Administration => Paths

in the Control Center.

--
JRT