List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: STL support in qt
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-11-29 19:34:20

On Fre, 29 Nov 2002, Dan Armak wrote:

> afterwards in the kopete source (I don't know if QT_NO_STL was involved), but
> he said people in #kde-devel were asking to turn stl support off rather than
> fix the bug.

Of course. Both is true. We try to fix those compile failures when they're
reported to us, but KDE is mainly tested by the developers under the
recommended Qt setup, which has STL disabled.

> At least, that's the impression I got, and of course I'm not trying to tell
> you what your own policies are :-) The more important question remains, does
> anyone actually need, or is likely to need, the qt stl support?

Well, KDE is currently not requiring it. Thats all I can say. If Gentoo has
some other application that requires Qt STL, then you obviously have to
enable the support for it.

--
Dirk (received 505 mails today)