El jue, 28-11-2002 a las 03:46, Michael Kreitzer escribi=C3=B3: > I've noticed with FAM enabled in kde 3.1rc3 none of the io slaves seem to= =20 > realize when fam is inappropriate... I got stuck with an unresponsive sys= tem=20 > until I figured out FAM was using 100% cpu while KDE tried to use it over= 3=20 > sftp connections and 2 smb connections.... this should not happen. My=20 > question is... is this a KDE bug or a FAM bug or a FAM misconfiguration o= n my=20 > part? Oh, and FAM causes millions of updates on a local open directory with Konqueror, just when I retag an MP3/Ogg file with EasyTAG. After it's finished tagging, Konqueror keeps flickering like mad for 10 seconds and I can't use any other Konqueror windows. Disabling service sgi-fam in xinetd does the trick, and Konqueror updates directories again, at a sane speed. But isn't fam supposed to help performance by reducing=20 reads to find out whether an element has changed? > =20 > >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscr= ibe << >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<