List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Logout errors [was: Re: Logout without confirmation]
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () virtualartisans ! com>
Date:       2002-11-29 8:08:31

On 2002. November 29., Friday 03:12, George Staikos wrote:
> On November 28, 2002 03:40, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 01:11:05AM -0500, George Staikos wrote:
> > > I see logout(int,int,int) in ksmserver as well as saveCurrentSession().
> > > Should I do some combination of that?
> >
> > check out kapp::requestShutdown() (or something). effectively it calls
> > ksmserver's logout function. the function in kdesktop is left only for
> > compatibility.
> > in any case, saving the current session is done automatically.
>
>   Can the system be shut down if kdm is not running?  Is there any way to
> verify programmatically that a shutdown will in fact happen if it is
> requested by the app?  I'm trying to avoid bugs here by making an option to
> shut down the system and having it not happen.
>
> Thanks

Hi,

 Don't know if your bug is the same that I notice sometime: sometimes logout
just doesn't work from the first try. You have to logout again to actually
log out from KDE (or shutdown, or restart). Without actually debugging the
problem it seemed that it happens if you have a root konsole running (with
MC?) or when KWinTV was running. I tend to think that the root konsole caused
the problem as it has other problems too (after logging out with a MC started
in a root konsole session, MC remains in memory and consumes all the CPU
time). It's true I haven't reported this bug yet, but I will do it soon.

Just my experience regarding logout...

Andras