List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: configure with kdeartwork 3.0.5
From:       Andreas Pakulat <ap125 () informatik ! uni-rostock ! de>
Date:       2002-11-27 23:34:44

On 27.Nov 2002 - 19:14:46, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got 2 problems with the configure script in the kdeartwork 3.0.5
> source.
>
> 1. The bug(s) #44856 and #45138 are in it. The configure script tries to
> use -lMesaGl and -lMesaGLU in the test for OpenGL, which is false. I'm
> using debian sarge with xlibmesa from XFree86 4.2 and getting an library
> not found error. I already tried to link the libGL(u) to libMesaGL(U),
> but that gives undefined references (as aspected). Has somebody a
> workaround, as this is also a problem in CVS version (see bug #45138).
>
> 2. The test for the opengl support in qt is false in 2 Ways, first of
> all the header is not <qglwidget.h> but <qgl.h> for all OpenGL related
> QT-widgets (don't know since which version, but in qt 3.0.4 and 3.0.5 it
> is that way). And second, the following line in the test program seems
> completely false to me:
> QGLWidget = new QGLWidget(0)
> Either the first part has to be removed or a variable to be added.
>
> I know that the second one should be reported to bugs.kde.org, but with
> the wizard I can only submit problems related to version 3.0.4 or
> 3.1RC2, nothing in between. Can I report bugs in another way?

Hi,

I found a workaround for the Problem with -lMesaGL:

Use the following line with configure:

| CXX=g++ configure

Then also the test with -lMesaGL fails, but the script also tries to do
-lGL and that works then. Mysterious to me.

Andreas

--
Schöpferische Gemüter haben immer gewußt,
wie sie jede Art von schlechter Erziehung überleben.