List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ANN: Java and C bindings regenerated for KDE 3.1
From:       Richard Dale <Richard_Dale () tipitina ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-11-26 13:30:26

Hi Roberto

On Tuesday 26 November 2002 12:48 pm, Roberto H. Alsina wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 26 2002 at 07:57:36am +0000, Richard Dale wrote:
> > > Does this mean that QtC will change to LGPL too?  We have been moving
> > > away from it, but this has prevented a similar change to LGPL for the
> > > Qt# bindings.  BTW, I have successfully built QtC agains Qt
> > > non-commercial on Windows, but I couldn't distribute do to
> > > incompatibility between non-commercial and GPL'd libs.  I even have a
> > > Visual C++ project file if you need one although maybe
> > > cross-compilation via mingw would be probably be better.
> >
> > Yes, that's no problem with me. But the qtc project was derived from an
> > earlier version writen by Roberto Alisina which was GPL'd - so it would
> > be best to ask him, but I wouldn't have thought he'd mind.
>
> <Mills lane in celebrity deathmatch>
> I'll allow it!
> </Mills lane in celebrity deathmatch>
>
> Or, in more serious terms, Richard, do you want me to sign copyright over
> to you? You are the one doing all the work, you should be able to do the
> choices :-)
Yes thanks Roberto - what if I leave your name and copyright notice on the
sources that are still there from your original project. But add 'Library'
(or is it supposed to be 'lesser') to the GPL text. Then say that the license
had been changed with your permission in the AUTHORS bit from GPL to LGPL.

-- Richard