List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Konsole font problems with FontConfig
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2002-11-26 3:14:10

Yes, we are back to font problems with Konsole again. :-(

The standard bit mapped fonts for Konsole do not work with FontConfig
because it does not appear to work with gzipped fonts.  There is also
the possible problem that FontConfig may not find the 9x15 font in:

	$KDEDIR/share/fonts/

if: "SKDEDIR" is not: "/usr".

My HOWTO (see other posting) explains exactly how to fix this.

Should the install of Konsole fix these things and if so, should I write
a script to do it that could be run from the Makefile?

--
JRT