List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Qt build question
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2002-11-22 22:51:42

Lars Knoll wrote:
>>Dirk Mueller wrote:

>>>Nope, its left out by intention. -xft is default when usable. if its not
>>>default for you, you should find out why :)
>>
>> From the current ./configure --help:
>>
>>  *  -no-xft ............ Do not compile Xft (anti-aliased font) support.
>>     -xft ............... Compile Xft support.
>>                          Requires X11/Xft/XftFreetype.h and libXft.
>>
>>It looks like a Troll has changed the default, perhaps ?
>

> No we havent. If Xft can be found it'll be used. You might have it in a non
> standard location, so the configure check doesn't find it.

Thanks for the information.

It appears to me that it is probable that the problem is that if you
have installed FreeType2 in: "/usr/local/" (which is the default if
built from source, but perhaps a "non standard" location) that Qt does
NOT find it.

This isn't really a bug, but it is an issue that needs to be addressed
probably in the KDE instructions.

When I configure Qt, I use these additional options:

-L/usr/local/lib  -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/freetype2

This appears to work, but I don't know if it is necessary or correct.

--
JRT