List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Freecurve
From:       Julien Olivier <julo () altern ! org>
Date:       2002-11-21 9:02:35

> Some comments:
>
> I haven't used FreeCurve, but I see no reason to use that rather than
> starting with the actual BlueCurve SRPM & RPM (which I installed it from).

In fact, it seems that texstar's freecurve package is just BlueCurve with
another name because if you install the SRPM, the source archive is called
redhat-artwork.tgz or something like that. I'll download redhat official SRPM
though, just to be sure.

> Due to RedHat's agenda, they removed the 'Sticky' button from the window
> decoration.  This should be restored.

Of course.  This is on my TODO.

> When I built BlueCurve from source, there were a lot (a LOT!!) of
> compiler warnings.  If you are going to be the maintainer, the first
> thing to do is CLEAN UP the code, it is a MESS.  Probably severely
> hacked from Keramik or others.

I saw it too and I must admit I like cleaning code. I just hope I have enough
skill to make it CLEAN. I'll try though.

--
Julien Olivier