List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Freecurve
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2002-11-21 0:52:09

Julien Olivier wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'd like to fork BlueCurve (RedHat's default style for KDE) and maintain it
> into KDE cvs. I was planning to use freecurve as a base for it (both window
> decoartion and widget style).
>
> Does anyone object to including this into KDE cvs ?
> Does anyone object to ME being the maintainer of this ?
>
> If nobody objects, what should I do in order to get a CVS account and upload
> my code (after 3.1 release of course) ?

I think that it is a good idea.

Some comments:

I haven't used FreeCurve, but I see no reason to use that rather than
starting with the actual BlueCurve SRPM & RPM (which I installed it from).

Due to RedHat's agenda, they removed the 'Sticky' button from the window
decoration.  This should be restored.

When I built BlueCurve from source, there were a lot (a LOT!!) of
compiler warnings.  If you are going to be the maintainer, the first
thing to do is CLEAN UP the code, it is a MESS.  Probably severely
hacked from Keramik or others.

--
JRT