List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Learning UI creation skills
From:       "Troy Corbin Jr." <tcorbin () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2002-11-17 13:49:13

On Saturday 16 November 2002 04:18 am, Derek Fountain wrote:
> Is it a generally useful skill in newbie KDE programming to be able to
> create a user interface "by hand". That is, to be able to write the C++
> code which creates and arranges the widgets. Or is it enough, at least at
> first, just be be able to use QT Designer to do this for you?

I never use QT Designer and I've always done my interfaces by hand. I feel
like this helped me to understand and learn Qt and KDE's widgets much more
quickly, because I immediately saw the effects of each little change I made.

If you're in a hurry to get your project out the door, however, there's
nothing wrong with using the Designer. :-)
--
Troy Corbin Jr.
tcorbin@users.sf.net