El Thursday 14 November 2002 07:15, Grant Bartlett escribió: > I love KDE more than the next guy, but lately the speed of things has > really been starting to get on my nerves. > > First up I have a 1.2Ghz Duron box, with 512MB of RAM, Running RedHat > 8.0 - Basically something that is more than sufficient for desktop use. I have a system running redhat & kde at my university and *it is* slow, and I dont know why, I have tried to tune it, but it is just slow (being a P4 with ton of RAM) My home Athlon is a more conservative system, but using gentoo, kde is very fast! Just drop redhat. Regards Duncan -- .-. /v\ Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett // \\ duncan@puc.cl - duncan@kde.org /( )\ www.mac-vicar.com/~duncan ^^-^^ Kopete, The KDE Instant Messenger http://kopete.kde.org >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<