List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Large deployments (Was: Experiences  with KDE-CVS at LinuxWorldExpo)
From:       Edoardo Causarano <curious.corn () katamail ! com>
Date:       2002-11-08 21:05:37

On Friday 08 November 2002 15:44, amadorm@usm.edu.ec wrote:
systemwide $PREFIX/share/app/config/* define global KDE configurations. I
thought that flagging a setting as 'locked' already makes kde ignore specific
user overrides. Much more manageable than a stinkin' registry (M$ drones I'm
talking to YOU! ;-) It's just an nfs mount away from a netwide setup although
it could mean slowdowns... kde should download and cache global settings
beginning the session (md5 hashes to avoid useless reloads). My only question
is how to notify changes... fam over nfs?

--
  9:48pm  up 44 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.47, 0.36, 0.35