Stephan Binner wrote: > On Tuesday 05 November 2002 21:00, James Richard Tyrer wrote: > > >>> Believe it or not, artists rely on this historic "leftover" >>> (since KDE >> >> So, it was done wrong to start with and so it will never be fixed? > > > It was at some point changed to something "wrong". It will maybe > fixed some day as part of a more major change (when there are > more/less item or ksplash is totally rewritten, think of animation). > I only object to change it now when there is no real need for it > while breaking screens/creating trouble. > > >>> It's a decision between your images (which likely never will >>> become default >> >> Do you mean that the splash for 3.1RC2 won't be the default for the >> release? > > Sometimes I wonder what people interpret in my sentences. Yes, I did not understand your sentence. You stated that "my images" (as opposed to the regular spacing) which are the current default would (likely) never "become default" > I'm not aware that it will be changed for the final. In opposite to > you I say that there is no "spacing problems with icons". They are not regularly spaced, which I will go into in detail later. > Only with your image which wants other rules. > Evenly spaced is not compatible with code that is based irregularly spaced (or is the irregularly spacing based on the illogical code?). >> you miss the point, but I will look at the other splash screens >> first. > > You miss it, you don't tell a good reason why this should be changed. > > Because they are not evenly spaced. Because the current code is totally illogical. To an engineer, that is sufficient reason. But, I don't know if you are a software engineer or just a hacker, :-| -- JRT >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<