On Sunday 03 November 2002 03:51, Kurt Pfeifle wrote: > Kurt Pfeifle wrote: > > Hi, > > > > I have come across a showstopper bug in kate. It can eat all my > > remaining HDD space. A normal user wouldn't know how to get out. > > > > Sorry, I am not able to currently contact bugzilla to check if > > it is already in there. Please, someone check and feed it in. > > > > To reproduce: > > > > * Open a text file in "kate". > > * Try to print it. > > * In the "kprinter" dialog, check "preview" option as "on". > > * Choose any printing system (I checked with CUPS and "external > > program"). * On "Text Settings" tab, check the "Print Syntax Guide" > > option as "on" plus "Print Line Numbers" option as "on" > > > > You'll notice the printfile not being previewed and kate hanging. > > The dialog window appears "Printing document: . > > Generating print data: page x" with a "Close" button which doesn't > > work... > > > > There is an eternal loop which writes line after line of > > > > "Kate (Document): -- Skipping garbage, line: 13 start: 3 end: 0 !?" > > > > until the HDD is full, into my "$HOME/.xsession-errors" (or, on my > > other system, in my $HOME/.X.err") file. The only way out is to > > kill the "kdeinit: kate" process. > > > > The one system is ~10 days old CVS, the other is from last night > > (including new qt-copy) [and currently I can't get the freshly > > updated qt-copy to compile.... :-( ] > > > > Cheers, > > Kurt > > > > Oh, BTW, I think the new extensions for the printing options in > > KDE's text editors are beautiful. I think all developers who want > > to print code occasionally will like it. These boxes and headers > > and footers and colors and the quickhelp for the supported tags > > and the layout options and the syntax highlighting are looking > > beoutifull. At LWE everybody who saw it liked it very much. > > . > > And, the "%U" makro doesn't work for me. It should print the full > > URL of the document, but only prints "%U" verbally... > > Kate works for me allright for all text files with up to 12 lines. > I created this simple text file with 13 lines > > 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6 > 7 > 8 > 9 > 0 > 1 > 2 > 3 > > When I print it with the "preview", the "line numbering" and the > "print syntax guide" options on, I get a similar effect as described > above. The dialog counts now up the pages (currently it is at > 762), while in "$HOME/.xsession-errors" I now get the lines: > > Kate (Document): Starting new page, 23759 lines up to now. > kdeprint: kdeprint: status message: Generating print data: page 458 > Kate (Document): Starting new page, 23811 lines up to now. > kdeprint: kdeprint: status message: Generating print data: page 459 > Kate (Document): Starting new page, 23863 lines up to now. > kdeprint: kdeprint: status message: Generating print data: page 460 > > counting upward forever... This sould be fixed in CVS, please update and test. Thanks to cullmann for helping me with this bug! -anders >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<