List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Tab-Close button like in mozilla
From:       "Troy Corbin Jr." <tcorbin () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2002-11-05 21:32:03

On Tuesday 05 November 2002 01:13 pm, Zack Rusin wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 November 2002 10:34, Stephan Binner wrote:
> > On Tuesday 05 November 2002 15:56, Willi Richert wrote:
> > > is it planned to add such a nice x-Button at the right side of the
> > > tab button line like in mozilla, which closes the current tab
> > > window?
> >
> > Don't think so, but rather a close button on every tab.
>
> Both approaches are impossible with QTabWidget.
>
> > > If not I would code that. Feedback?
> >
> > Doug Hanley and Zack Rusin IIRC wanted to work on this too. Work
> > together.
>
> I'll be working on it after we release 3.1, I simply have too many
> things to do to even play with it before that. The idea is that we will
> have to create a completely new tabbar widget. QTab, QTabBar and
> QTabWidget are useless for us.

I've been working on a similar widget set, though it does use the current
QTabWidget:

http://knights.sourceforge.net/shots/ss06.jpg

It uses the 'Close' icon from the user's selected icon set for a consistent
look. It also includes a "Grip" which the user can drag to organize the tabs
into different top-level window. ( ie. Dragging a tab onto another tab will
cause it to move to the destination's QTabWidget, while dragging it anywhere
else will create a new top-level window w/ QTabWidget for it to be attached
to. ) The TabManager class is used to organize everything, and it saves the
widget's geometry on close.

It is far from complete, but if anyone is interested in using it, you can find
it in my project's CVS under the following files:

tabmanager.*
tabbox.*
tabpage.*
tabgrip.*