List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail: HTML-View
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () virtualartisans ! com>
Date:       2002-11-05 8:02:32

On 2002. November 05., Tuesday 00:21, Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
> Hi!
[...]
> switching to latest qt-copy. The only problem I have is (still)
> kdemultimedia in combination alsa-0.9 (timidity did not compile, kmix does
> not work) and some programs compile but cannot be started: quanta,
> guarddog, guidedog.

For kdemultimedia I had the same problems, and I figured out that it was a
configuration fault. With the following ./configure line it works for me:

./configure --prefix=/opt/kde-cvs --with-alsa --with-arts-alsa --with-x
--enable-audio=oss,alsa

I think in this case kmix uses oss, but anyway, it works. ;-) (I have an SB
Live).

And about quanta: if you have startup crashes and it happens to have an old
quantarc in your $KDEHOME/share/config, remove/backup it first and try again.
Or update quanta from CVS as I have fixed a bug releated to startup crash (I
don't know if it's in RC2 or not, so update Quanta to HEAD).

Andras