List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Add KRename to KDE Utils
From:       Michael Bartl <gnosticus () gmx ! at>
Date:       2002-11-02 18:52:43

On Saturday 02 November 2002 14:21, Dominik Seichter wrote:

> > > It is integrated into konqueror through a servicemenu entry. I see no
> > > need for further integration.
> > > How should this integration look? Any ideas?
> >
> > Compiling it at the moment! Will give some feedback on the integration
> > later ;)
>
> Ok, thank you.
>
> BTW, krename is also integrated in the KRusader filemanager through a
> simple menu entry which starts krename as an extern program and gives
> krename all selected files (selected by the user in krusader) as
> commandline arguments.

Back again!

1.) Integration is already very well done! I didn't know that there is any
integration, just thought that integrating it would be a good idea.

2.) The only thing to make it better would be to put it into the core
konqueror functionalty, because it's a very nifty tool for a file manager.
(like in wincommander...) and not all people know about krename :)

3.) When starting krename from the command-line or konqueror everything is
fine. When I start it from "Ctrl-F2" krename or the menu entry it loads fast,
but the launch feedback takes at least 30 seconds to find this out (KDE 3.0.9
RC1).

have fun,
Michael

--- www.freelords.org ---