List:       kde-devel
Subject:    cervisia triggers lots of edit watches
From:       Matthias Kleine <kleine_matthias () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-11-02 0:46:16

Dear developers,

I send this to kde-devel because I hope that somebody of you
might have seen this problem before.

When editing files via cervisia, cervisia seems to use
"cvs edit" commands without using a special file name.
The result is that "cvs edit" is done recursively through
the repository. If somebody has set edit watches on the
whole repository (for example to keep an overview over
current activities) and receives email messages for each
triggered watch, this results in a mail box with 2000 messages
per day. The "cvs edit" command should therefore allways be
used with a file name argument.

This is a cervisia feature since version 1.4.1, and
it does not seem to have changed in version 1.5rich1.

Does anybody know how this can be changed? Or is a
patch known for this problem?
--