List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdm
From:       Zsolt Rizsanyi <rizsanyi () myrealbox ! com>
Date:       2002-10-30 12:18:59

On Wednesday 30 October 2002 14:10, Erik K. Pedersen wrote:
> I am running rc1 and brand new kdenetwork and qt on a redhat7.3 system
> where I have uninstalled all kde.
>
> kdm works but has a grey background. I imagine this has more to do with
> redhat than kde. Does anybody know what is going on?

Try copying over the kdmrc from the redhat rpm. That is configured correctly
for a redhat system. Alternatively you can configure it by yourself.
Its in kdebase and the path is /etc/X11/xdm/kdmrc.

If you compiled kdm yourself, then it is very probably looking for kdmrc in
$KDEDIR/share/apps/kdm/kdmrc.

Regards
Zsolt