On Friday 25 October 2002 21:29, Roger Larsson wrote: > On Friday 25 October 2002 19.05, Thorsten Schnebeck wrote: > > Hi! > > > > Maybe time for YACO (yet another config option ;-) > > > > Thinking of kiosk-like systems it would be nice to have an option tha= t > > kmail can _only_ save attachment. Or is this possible with a current > > kmail? I don't know if it's possible, but it sounds reasonable to me. Not just f= or=20 kiosk systems, but also for corporate/school usage it would be nice if th= e=20 administrator could at least be able to take away the option to run an=20 executable. Personally I don't think it is a big security risk to allow=20 people to always be able to open media files. > Problem is - if you have save, and then click on the saved file. > Then you get no notification... [That might be what happened] > > Should we warn everytime the user attempts to open an executable not > residing in a trusted directory? > > Or develop some file level signing? (signed by local root at installati= on) Definately not! You can not protect people from shooting themselves in th= e=20 foot. If you want this type of protection then you install a mailserver=20 filter that removes all executable attachments. Everything else is totall= y=20 wrong. Bo. --=20 Bo Thorsen | Praestevejen 4 Senior Software Engineer | 5290 Marslev Klar=E4lvdalens Datakonsult | Denmark >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<