List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KMyFirewall in KDE 3.x?
From:       Edoardo Causarano <curious.corn () katamail ! com>
Date:       2002-10-24 23:50:31

On Tuesday 22 October 2002 20:47, Christian Hubinger wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm the author of KMyFirewall (Casper Planken is also working on it) which
> is an iptables configuration tool currently in kdenonbeta. As the app gets
> close to becoming v1.0 and it's allready quiet stable, I'd like to ask what
> are you thinking about putting it into KDE 3.1.x or 3.2.x in (kdeadmin or
> kdenetwork).

Kudos for the effort but give a look @ www.fwbuilder.org. I find this app very
easy to use and well made. Rather than concentrating only on iptables (which
is also very Linux specific) and replicating their work, you could port what
you have done to that application and continue extending from there. I don't
want to demean your app but if you want to make a kde fw tool you're much
better off starting from there; but nobody's forcing you, of course.
To kdeize the beast thoroughly one could steer fwbuilder to use kde/qt xml
engine instead of simple gui maquillage... (but that's just an off-my-head
thought)

Edo

--
  1:38am  up 10 min,  2 users,  load average: 1.32, 1.15, 0.62