List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Arial MT [Monotype}
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2002-10-24 6:27:35

On Thursday 24 October 2002 12:40 am, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
|  I get this error message when I run: "kcharselect":
|
|  kcharselect: WARNING: Can't find Font: Arial Mt
|  [Monotype],12,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0
|
|  {all one line}
|
|  XFontSel is quite clear that:
|
|  	-monotype-arial mt-*-*-normal--0-0-0-0-p-0-iso8859-1
|
|  has 4 matches.
|
|  Note that this is the font that comes with Adobe Acrobat Reader 4 & 5.

Hello James!

I added Acrobat version of Arial to my installed fonts, and it works ok with
KCharSelect.
Make sure that you:
1) added directory with these fonts (Arial MT, TNR) to /etc/X11/XftConfig
2) invoked
#xftcache
after adding fonts

If you still have problem (after doing two stesps above): report your XFree86,
Qt, KDE versions, and wether you have AA enabled.

|  Any ideas??
|
|  Could this also cause problems with OpenOffice, it can't find this font
|  when it prints to PostScript.  Note: it correctly lists it in the font
|  selection widget -- both "Arial" (which is M$ TT) and "Arial MT" (Type 1).
|
|  --
|  JRT

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)